How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask J D Haas Your Own Question
J D Haas
J D Haas, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 2998
Experience:  23 years as a trial lawyer with experience in criminal law.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
J D Haas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

just wondering what can be done about a 37 year old woman

Resolved Question:

just wondering what can be done about a 37 year old woman and her sister from out state cyber bullying? they have slandered our famley and said some pritty nasty things about my daughter and our famley, my daughter is only 16 years old and they sent these things to all her my space frends and famley.
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  J D Haas replied 9 years ago.
If their actions rise to the level of a crime, for example this depends upon their comments particularly about your 16-year-old daughter, you can contact your local police and file a criminal complaint against them. If their actions do not rise to the level of a crime, you may have a defamation case against them depending upon the statements that they have made online against your family. You can talk with a SC defamation lawyer and ask him or her about the strength of your case. Please get copies of all of the statements that this person has made and bring them to your attorney consultation.

Lastly, you can complain to the moderators of the sites that they are using such as my-space because they may have filters for defamatory comments. Good luck.

I hope that I have helped you and that I have answered all of your questions. Please
ask more questions if I have not answered all of your questions.

Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information.
You and I have not entered into an attorney/client relationship, and I am not
responsible for your legal rights. The only way for us to be in an
attorney/client relationship is if you have signed a written retainer agreement
with my law firm.
J D Haas and 2 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you