How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 116707
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My friend is serving a 70 year sentence with a 50 year ...

Resolved Question:

My friend is serving a 70 year sentence with a 50 year minimum for 2 counts sex assault (20yrs each), 1 count sodomy (20yrs) and 1 count kidnapping (10yrs). His sentence is being served consecutive. He still maintains his innocence via consent. The alleged victim had zero injuries. The stacked numbers against him seems so unfair even if he were guilty of the crime.
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 9 years ago.
He has already exercised one right in filing for post conviction relief. He can also try to file an appeal based on legal grounds if any exist. If he has not heard from the attorney, you can assist him by contacting your legal aid society and/or your state bar association and see about finding another attorney who is willing to take up these appeals for him.

If you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!
Law Educator, Esq. and 2 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you