How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 116716
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I know this person who has been locked up for 14year for a ...

Resolved Question:

I know this person who has been locked up for 14year for a murder that he did not commit. He has been transfered from prison to prison. He is now at a prison where the guards there tried to kill him. How could this problem be addressed?
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 9 years ago.
If he is being abused by the guards he will need to get an attorney to file a civil rights violation claim against the prison and the guards. He can also get the attorney to file with the department of corrections to seek to have him moved for his own physical safety. These types of cases are very difficult and even though many prisoners feel they can handle them by representing themselves, very few pro se prisoner cases ever go anyplace. If he cannot afford an attorney, he can get one at a reduced rate or free of charge through the state's legal aid society and/or the state bar association.

If you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!
Law Educator, Esq. and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you