How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 116707
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i was recently hit head on by a drunk driver.(just me in ...

Resolved Question:

i was recently hit head on by a drunk driver.(just me in the car) he does not even remember what happened. my car was totaled and i am still getting treatment for injuries. i have an attorny(the we dont get paid till you get paid kind), they are dealing with his insurance for medical and stuff. there are felony charges pending on the driver, but he was already suspended and has a criminal record so big deal he will just do it again. my question is, is there anything i as a victim can i do to make sure this guy knows what he did to me and my family. i do not want his insurance to just pay off everything and nothing happen to him. this has effected me, and my youngest son(he is 7) has issues now about me leaving the house, he has said he is sorry he cant make me better and gets very clingy now. anyway, is there any action i can take to make sure he understand what he did, and that it is not acceptable. i live in missouri if that matters.
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 9 years ago.
This is a major issue all across the country. The best thing to do is contact an agency such as Mother's Against Drunk Driving and they can work with you on making sure he receives appropriate punishment for his case, which could include being sentenced to work with victims of drunk driving accidents. Unfortunately, other than that there is not much else you can do in these types of cases.

If you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!
Law Educator, Esq. and 4 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you