How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CrimDefense Your Own Question
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27227
Experience:  10+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
CrimDefense is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I received a citation for seling alcohol to an 18 year ...

Customer Question

I received a citation for seling alcohol to an 18 year old in an alcohol sting setup. I was fined 60 dollars and the citation said no court appearance. A police officer just returned the origianl citation and gave me a new one requiring a court date and I''ll be reassessed a fine... is that right?
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 9 years ago.

Yes, normally on a charge of the sale of alcohol to a minor, there is a mandatory court appearance. If your case is not dismissed, then you will have to pay a fine and court costs. You can hire an attorney to fight the charges against you, or go to court yourself. It seems as the officer who wrote the citation made a mistake and properly amended the citation.

Related Criminal Law Questions