Law Girl
Law Girl, Lawyer
Experience:  I have practiced criminal law.
635143

I had a fire in my house and the cleaning company sent in ...

I had a fire in my house and the cleaning company sent in by my insurance company was in my house for approx 10 days. My digital camera was stolen and my home owners ins said I need to file it with the cleaning company or file another claim through my home owneers ins. I spoke to the cleaning company and they stated they asked their employees and no one said they took the camera it''s gone and I need to know how I sue the cleaning company because I don''t want to file another claim against my home owners ins.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Girl replied 9 years ago.

Dear sandrybrewington:

Thank you for your question.

You can file a Complaint in small claims court. (Contact the court in the county where the cleaning company is to find out what forms they can provide you for this.) Then you can have the sheriff serve the summons on the cleaning company. You will have to go back to court on your trial date, where both you and the cleaning company will have the chance to tell your sides of the story. If you can prove that the cleaning company took your camera, then you may be entitled to a judgment in your favor.

Please let me know if you have any other questions, or require clarification of this matter. Otherwise please hit "ACCEPT", so I may receive credit for my response. Tips and feedback are also appreciated.

Good Luck!

-KAT