How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 118070
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my boyfriend was arrested on federal indidtment of ...

Customer Question

my boyfriend was arrested on federal indidtment of conspircey charge, the gov. wants to seize his home. How do i find the right form to file as a third party of instrest on the property. i have about 38,000 dollars on home inprovement into to the property
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 9 years ago.
You need to file a lien on the property and a civil suit against your boyfriend for the money that you spent on improving the home. You will need proof of all of the payments you have made on the home to support your claim. Since your name is XXXXX XXXXX the title of the property, that is the only way you will be able to preserve your interest in the house.

If you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to PaulMJD's Post: I have already been notiify to vacate property in 30 days unless i file a pitition stating third party claim. Im asking where do i get this pitition form?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 9 years ago.
I am sorry, I did not understand that from your initial question. There is no particular form. You must file a motion with the court outlining your claim on the property. Once you file this with the court, you will be required to prove your claim on the property. You can get legal aid to file this petition for you.