How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask J D Haas Your Own Question
J D Haas
J D Haas, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 2998
Experience:  23 years as a trial lawyer with experience in criminal law.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
J D Haas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

how can we save Jared

This answer was rated:

I have a friens whose 7 yr old autistic son is about to be taken away from her and placed in a residential home.She would be willing to give me and my husband custody of him if the state allowed her to do so because she hasn't lost parental rights.What can me and my husband do to help with this process?Should we hire a lawyer and petition the court for custody of him?My husband and I love this boy very much as I used to care for him as a personal care assistant and I cared for him as a baby,We would also be willing to adopt him if that were ever an option.
Have you and your friend contact the court or the agency that is going to remove the child. Try to petition for your family to gain custody since the mother wants that as well. Another option is to consult with a Massachusetts family law attorney to assist you in this adoption. You can find capable attorneys by the searche: "Fall River family lawyer/attorney". That search will give you dozens of names. Interview them and ask for their experience in cases like this. Please remember to negotiate fees before hiring anyone as fees are negotiable. Best wishes in your attempt to adopt this child.

I hope that I have helped you, answered all of your questions,
and that I have provided you with useful information.
Please ask more questions if I have not answered all of your

In the future, if you would like to specifically ask me a question,
you can ask for me in the body of the question.

Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice,
it is merely information. The only way that I am legally
responsible for your legal rights is if you have signed
a written retainer agreement with my law firm.
J D Haas and 2 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you