How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask soloprac Your Own Question
soloprac, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 664
Experience:  Five years exclusive court house criminal law practice.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
soloprac is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My sons father was convicted of murder and sentenced to 30

Resolved Question:

My sons father was convicted of murder and sentenced to 30 years in prison yesterday. The whole trial was a joke and he was'nt allowed a defense. There was no evidence just made up stories by the prosecution and a "paid" expert. This was a very unfair trial, Is it worth though trying to appeal?
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  soloprac replied 9 years ago.


If your son's father feels there is any valid issue worth appealing then tell him to go for it. He has the right to appeal and if there has been an inconsistent verdict rendered after hearing the evidence then this is his only recourse. Also, after getting a sentence for 30 years I don't think there is any harm in appealing - it cannot get any worse.

I hope this was helpful and informative.



soloprac and 2 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you