How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask soloprac Your Own Question
soloprac, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 664
Experience:  Five years exclusive court house criminal law practice.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
soloprac is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was served with a misdemeanor citation

Customer Question

I was attacked by my girlfriend in my appartment where she lives i was issued a ticket for restraining her after she tried to kick me 4 times and after she grabbed me around my neck and punched me in the back, I was issued a ticket for domestic battery, so was she I was defending myself as I was tought to at a psyciatric hospital. in the state of idaho. what do i need to do?
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  soloprac replied 9 years ago.


I would do one of two things if I were you. First, if neither one of you want to go forward with this since you were both issued citations for the same incident see if the officer would be willing to withdraw the citations. If that does not work I would maintain that you held off on any kind of physical action until you felt that you no longer could do that. Tell the court that you have had training in matters similar to this and you only employed the methods you have learned in order to control her. Use your training and knowledge as a defense to this citation.

I hope this was helpful and informative.



soloprac and 3 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
The state of idaho is the prossicuters, my girlfriend addmitted fault to me my neighbor and tried to admit fault to the officer the officer still treated me like i was the cause, they are the ones prossicuting both of us. Should she call the proccicuters office and also go with me in court?
Expert:  soloprac replied 9 years ago.
I don't know if she would be able to make any headway by calling the prosecutor's office because a lot of times they will not talk to you until you get into court, however it is definately worth a shot.