Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

I was served with a misdemeanor citation

Customer Question
I was attacked by my...
I was attacked by my girlfriend in my appartment where she lives i was issued a ticket for restraining her after she tried to kick me 4 times and after she grabbed me around my neck and punched me in the back, I was issued a ticket for domestic battery, so was she I was defending myself as I was tought to at a psyciatric hospital. in the state of idaho. what do i need to do?
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
5/3/2008
Criminal Lawyer: soloprac, Criminal Defense Lawyer replied 9 years ago
soloprac
soloprac, Criminal Defense Lawyer

DearCustomer

I would do one of two things if I were you. First, if neither one of you want to go forward with this since you were both issued citations for the same incident see if the officer would be willing to withdraw the citations. If that does not work I would maintain that you held off on any kind of physical action until you felt that you no longer could do that. Tell the court that you have had training in matters similar to this and you only employed the methods you have learned in order to control her. Use your training and knowledge as a defense to this citation.

I hope this was helpful and informative.

Sincerely,

soloprac

soloprac
soloprac, Criminal Defense Lawyer
The state of idaho is the prossicuters, my girlfriend addmitted fault to me my neighbor and tried to admit fault to the officer the officer still treated me like i was the cause, they are the ones prossicuting both of us. Should she call the proccicuters office and also go with me in court?
I don't know if she would be able to make any headway by calling the prosecutor's office because a lot of times they will not talk to you until you get into court, however it is definately worth a shot.
soloprac
soloprac
soloprac, Criminal Defense Lawyer