How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask romlawyer Your Own Question
romlawyer, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 1170
Experience:  JD, 75+ Trials, 1000s of cases, Licensed in PA
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
romlawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was called and informed that I am a suspect in a ...

Resolved Question:

I was called and informed that I am a suspect in a case that has to do with fraudulently using someone''s student ID card to order pizza. The call was made on my phone but I honestly had nothing to do with it. The investigator told me that I was up for felony charges if I do not find the person who called and used the ID. What do I do?
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  romlawyer replied 9 years ago.

The easiest way to get rid of an investigation like this is to get a defense attorney involved. Once have one, you most likely will never be charged.

He / she may also be able to help you get out of this without blowing in who ever actually made the call. (if this is a concern)

Talking to the police further on your own will not prevent a charge.

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
The investigator also said that if I gave him the name of who actually took the ID number that he would give him a chance to pay the owner of the card back. This investigator is a campus investigator, I dont know if that makes a difference but I really didnt do anything except let someone borrow my phone.
Expert:  romlawyer replied 9 years ago.

The problem is if you knew he was using a stolen ID number, and admit to the same, you facilitated a crime which makes you an accomplice and / or conspirator.

See a defense attorney ASAP.

romlawyer and 3 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you