Michelle
Michelle, Elected/Appointed Official
Experience:  30 + yrs in the legal profession incl. criminal, family, politics, legislator judiciary 6 yrs
3273316

HOW MANY JAIL TIME DOES SOMEONE GET FOR TRAFFICKING 1700 ...

HOW MANY JAIL TIME DOES SOMEONE GET FOR TRAFFICKING 1700 POUNDS OF MARIJUANA THROUGH THE CHECK POING IN FALFURRIAS TX. IF ITS A PERSONS FIRST TIME.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Michelle replied 9 years ago.

DearCustomer/p>

It could carry a penalty of 5 years - for such a small amount. There is minimum of 10 years and a maximum of 20 for the importation of Schedule I CDS that has a weight of "1000 kilograms or more of a mixture or substance containing a detectable amount of marihuana" according to TItle 21, Chapter 13, Section 960 of the US Code.

If my answer has been helpful, please ACCEPT my answer so I get credit for my effort to help you . If I can be of further help, let me know. Appropriate FEEDBACK is appreciated as is a bonus. Thanks ~ Michelle