How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask romlawyer Your Own Question
romlawyer, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 1170
Experience:  JD, 75+ Trials, 1000s of cases, Licensed in PA
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
romlawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a felon convicted of embezzlement. I served

Resolved Question:

I am a felon convicted of embezzlement. I served 5 months at Alderson and 5 months home confinement (no bracelet). I have a restitution to pay and have not failed one time to pay it in a timely manner. The Dept. of Justice is taking both my and my husband''s tax return as well as both my share and his share of the sale of my mother''s home that was left to me, my two brothers, and all three of our spouses. How do we protect him from things in which he had no part?
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  romlawyer replied 9 years ago.

He would have to get a lawyer of his own and petition the court not to take his share(s) of the sale. Further, you should file seperate tax returns in the future.

You have to avoid any mixing of your funds going forward.

romlawyer and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Criminal Law Questions