How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask 4ren6 Your Own Question
4ren6, Forensics/Criminal Investigation
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 4794
Experience:  Over 20 years of Law Enforcement. Sworn expert witness in Criminal and Civil Law.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
4ren6 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

what is the worst case scenereio for a person who ...

This answer was rated:

what is the worst case scenereio for a person who violates his probation. convicted on felony possession,
Give me some background. Also, how did they violate the probation. What were the terms of the probation.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
i was arrested for distrobution of pot, pleaded to felony possession. sentenced to 3 yrs probation, fines drug classes etc. had 3 hot ua,s in 3 yrs. if the hair analasis comes back positive, whats the worst they can do to me?
What weight did you have on you at time of arrest. Any prior arrest and if so what are they.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to 4ren6's Post: just short of a pound. a possession charge appox. 10 yrs ago
What did you do to violate the probation........Or am I not reading the post clearly. Was there a condition to the probation..............? There always you recall.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to 4ren6's Post: Haven't violated probation, but , my P.O. has ordered hair test instead of regular U.A. and I,m not sure I'll pass the test. So I think that would be a violation. Trying to plan for the worst.

Ok, thanks for taking the time to add that added info. Not knowing the full extent of your case and the plea agreement giving you probation it is hard to really tell you what will occur. I would expect the worst. You plead guilty to obtain probation it sounds. The courts (judge) can at their discretion order you to jail time to violation of probation based on the sentencing guidelines of the charge itself that you plead to and subsequently were given probation.

I suggest you attempt to contact if possible the attorney they represented you during the plea agreement. They can order the records from the courts that were made in reference to the judges comments on any terms of violation of probation. Actually, you can do this yourself by contacting the courts and ref: back to the case number XXXXX get them. In these reports they will state the "conditions of probation". This will give you a far better idea of what to expect. Hair will hold trace for about 90 to 120 days time. So if you have used during this time you can indeed expect it to come back dirty. The courts can order you to be placed in jail as a condition of your violation of probation. The time that they would give is very difficult for me to say or find. But expect them to either up your probation time or send you to jail for the time that you could have got had you not plead guilty and got the probation. Let me know if this helps answer your question.

4ren6 and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you