How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Mr. Lofton Your Own Question
Mr. Lofton
Mr. Lofton, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 1291
Experience:  25 years experience
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Mr. Lofton is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds


Customer Question

I credit un authorized credits to my credit card through my employer. I havve paid what I believe to be 90% of it back. He wants to prosecute. I live in WA state and have no previous record at all. What will happen to me?
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Mr. Lofton replied 9 years ago.

I would estimate that you would get a period of supervised probation and not go to jail for this - however what actually happens depends on the judge and the maximum allowable sentence under the statutesin your state. WHat you did is larceny, and if it was more than a couple of hundred bucks then it is a felony which no doubt carries a maximumpunishment that includes fins and jail time. However, if you are paying it all back the judge will be impressed with that and I think you will probably avoid time in jail!

All the best,