Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

How do you get a felony off your record?

Customer Question
how do you get a...
how do you get a felony off your record?
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
4/4/2008
Criminal Lawyer: 4ren6, Forensics/Criminal Investigation replied 9 years ago
4ren6
4ren6, Forensics/Criminal Investigation
what state did it occur in. What was the felony charge.
Reply to 4ren6's Post: Wash   theft 1 no priors and nothing since

Washinton State does not appear to have an expungment law for convicted persons. It would have to be done via a pardon by the governor of the state or the Board of Clemency.

10.97.060
Deletion of certain information, conditions.

Criminal history record information which consists of nonconviction data only shall be subject to deletion from criminal justice agency files which are available and generally searched for the purpose of responding to inquiries concerning the criminal history of a named or otherwise identified individual when two years or longer have elapsed since the record became nonconviction data as a result of the entry of a disposition favorable to the defendant, or upon the passage of three years from the date of arrest or issuance of a citation or warrant for an offense for which a conviction was not obtained unless the defendant is a fugitive, or the case is under active prosecution according to a current certification made by the prosecuting attorney.

Such criminal history record information consisting of nonconviction data shall be deleted upon the request of the person who is the subject of the record: PROVIDED, HOWEVER, That the criminal justice agency maintaining the data may, at its option, refuse to make the deletion if:

(1) The disposition was a deferred prosecution or similar diversion of the alleged offender;

(2) The person who is the subject of the record has had a prior conviction for a felony or gross misdemeanor;

(3) The individual who is the subject of the record has been arrested for or charged with another crime during the intervening period.

Nothing in this chapter is intended to restrict the authority of any court, through appropriate judicial proceedings, to order the modification or deletion of a record in a particular cause or concerning a particular individual or event.

[1977 ex.s. c 314 § 6.]

However, i also find this info on expungement.

http://washingtonlawhelp.org/documents/2508019912EN.pdf

4ren6
4ren6, Forensics/Criminal Investigation

Page 7 and 8 of the .pdf file seem to apply to you. It gives specific instructions. reply if needed.

4ren6
4ren6
4ren6, Forensics/Criminal Investigation