How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Michelle Your Own Question
Michelle, Elected/Appointed Official
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 4136
Experience:  30 + yrs in the legal profession incl. criminal, family, politics, legislator judiciary 6 yrs
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Michelle is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in Houston, Texas. In August, 2006 left a ...

Resolved Question:

I live in Houston, Texas. In August, 2006 left a check for $186,000 on a xerox machine. It was endorsed on the back with my name and the words "for deposit" (no account number was listed). I lost track of my records due to turmoil in the family. Now when following this up I have obtained the cancelled check from the issuing agency and it appears someone found the check and fraudulently deposited this check to a Chase Bank in Ft. Worth. Though the money may be gone, I would still like to pursue this and trace what happened. Perhaps some money can be recovered, such as if the bank has insurance for fraud. Where would be the best place to begin to pursue this?
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Michelle replied 9 years ago.


I suggest you begin with the Chase Bank headquarters to assist you in working with the Branch bank of deposit in tracking whose account that went to. Here is that contact information - ask for their fraud department. They should be able to track this to the person who deposited the money and work to bring criminal charges and perhaps, recoup your money.

Chevy Chase Bank

7501 Wisconsin Ave.
Bethesda, MD 20814 (Map)
Phone:(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr />Fax:(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr />Toll Free:(NNN) NNN-NNNN/address>
Best of success to you in this matter,

If my answer has been helpful, please ACCEPT my answer so I get credit for my effort to help you . If I can be of further help, let me know. Appropriate FEEDBACK is appreciated as is a bonus. Thanks ~ Michelle

Michelle and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you