How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask jamest Your Own Question
jamest, Private Investigator
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 372
Experience:  Investigator of criminal law cases, especially Florida law. Work with retailers, others, consultant
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
jamest is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If a sexual assault occurred over 25-30 years ago in a ...

Resolved Question:

If a sexual assault occurred over 25-30 years ago in a family and everyone has moved on and forgiven the perpetrator who had been a severe alcoholic who had gotten help through the VA..>The father had severe alcoholic blackouts, etc...Stopped drinking, went into the hospital and has become a productive individual who NEVER drinks, good father, great husband, and great grandfather..3 of 4 children and moved on and let go of the past and feel that their father is a miracle...They even leave our grandchildren, i.e. grandsons and daughters with him alone, and with both of us together....There is absolutely no fear of anything happening and one child is even a physician, but recently one of the four wants to pursue legal action against my husband...He has no support with the other children and they have divorced themselves from him as I have..He has extorted money and has been mentally abusive to me for staying with my husband, but when this all came out when they were18theyallwantedmetosta
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  jamest replied 9 years ago.
I am going to assume this is a civil action? Both criminal and civil statutes of limitation currently block this action. There was a bill to extend this limit in civil cases but it has not passed or been signed into law.
jamest and 7 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Criminal Law Questions