jamest
jamest, Private Investigator
Experience:  Investigator of criminal law cases, especially Florida law. Work with retailers, others, consultant
7502674

If a sexual assault occurred over 25-30 years ago in a ...

If a sexual assault occurred over 25-30 years ago in a family and everyone has moved on and forgiven the perpetrator who had been a severe alcoholic who had gotten help through the VA..>The father had severe alcoholic blackouts, etc...Stopped drinking, went into the hospital and has become a productive individual who NEVER drinks, good father, great husband, and great grandfather..3 of 4 children and moved on and let go of the past and feel that their father is a miracle...They even leave our grandchildren, i.e. grandsons and daughters with him alone, and with both of us together....There is absolutely no fear of anything happening and one child is even a physician, but recently one of the four wants to pursue legal action against my husband...He has no support with the other children and they have divorced themselves from him as I have..He has extorted money and has been mentally abusive to me for staying with my husband, but when this all came out when they were18theyallwantedmetosta
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  jamest replied 9 years ago.
I am going to assume this is a civil action? Both criminal and civil statutes of limitation currently block this action. There was a bill to extend this limit in civil cases but it has not passed or been signed into law.
http://mlis.state.md.us/2007RS/bills/sb/sb0575f.pdf