Criminal Law

Connect one-on-one with a verified criminal lawyer who will answer your question

Thomas Swartz
Thomas Swartz
Thomas Swartz, Lawyer

More related answers
All criminal lawyers are VERIFIED
A defendant files a motion in a criminal case firing his/her
N Cal Atty
N Cal Atty, JD
A defendant files a motion in a criminal case firing his/her attorney before trial, the Judge hear defendants motion and makes a Judgement to reinstate the attorney without the defendant knowingly, vo… read more
A defendant filed a motion for court appointed attorney for
Law Educator, Esq., criminal lawyer
A defendant filed a motion for court appointed attorney for appeal. The motion was denied by the court based on a relative's percieved ability to hire attorney. The defendant decided to proceed pro se… read more
My ex is pending trial in oct. for a drug conspiracy case with
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, Doctoral Degree
My ex is pending trial in oct. for a drug conspiracy case with 17 co-defenders. His attorneys refuse to file the motions that he request and they continue to try to force him to sign a plea, one lawye… read more
In a trial by the court the defendant made an objection to
Ely, Counselor at Law
In a trial by the court the defendant made an objection to chain of custody. What happens on appeal if the trial judge never did say "over ruled" or "sustained" but simply allowed the proceeding to go… read more
A defendant is on appeal. His appeal attorney has filed a
Lucy, Esq., Juris Doctor
A defendant is on appeal. His appeal attorney has filed a brief. Two weeks ago the State requested an extension of time for the answer brief but based on the court website the appeal court has not giv… read more
In a criminal case in Iowa a defendant files a fin affidavit
Lucy, Esq., Juris Doctor
In a criminal case in Iowa a defendant files a fin affidavit and request for court appointed counsel. The court fines the defendant qualifies for appointed counsel and appoints an attorney and files t… read more
Can a client fire their Attorney during a trial or hearing
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, Doctoral Degree
"Can a client fire their Attorney during a trial or hearing if the client believes her Attorney is not representing her in the manner they should?"… read more
if a defendant did not want to waive his rights to a speedy
P. Simmons, Lawyer
if a defendant did not want to waive his rights to a speedy trial but his court appointed lawyer went to court and waived his rights without consulting with him, what do you do? The defendant did file… read more
The defendant will be pro se at trial by court. He wants to
Nate, Lawyer
The defendant will be pro se at trial by court. He wants to have to police officer to read something from a report the officer made the day of arrest. The reason is he expects the officer to say somet… read more
Can a defendant fire his attorney in the middle of a trial
dkennedy
dkennedy, Attorney
Can a defendant fire his attorney in the middle of a trial because he is receiving inadequate counsel? The attorney in question is willing to admit to same.… read more
At trial, the defendant testifies in his or her own behalf.
InformationForYou
InformationForYou, JD (law degree)
At trial, the defendant testifies in his or her own behalf. Under the Fifth Amendment, the defendant: A. cannot be cross-examined by the prosecution. B. can be cross-examined by the prosecution but ca… read more
Hi, If the case went to trial, the defendant was found guilty
xavierjd
xavierjd, Juris Doctor
Hi, If the case went to trial, the defendant was found guilty went to prison, then a judgement was awarded to both juvenile plaintiffs in October of 1995, of $100,000 a piece, then nothing was done be… read more
If a defendant is found indigent and appointed an attorney
JTaylorEsq
JTaylorEsq, Attorney at Law
If a defendant is found indigent and appointed an attorney and after the trial before sentencing the court allows the attorney to withdraw. The defendant plans to hire an attorney but doesn't. So the … read more
1381 was file in AUGUST 2009, A copy was also sent to efendants
MShore Law
MShore Law, Doctoral Degree
1381 was file in AUGUST 2009, A copy was also sent to efendants attorney. The attory did nt follow up on the 1381 demand for trial. The DA denied receipt of the demand for trial. When discovered that … read more
Defense attorney failed to provide an omnibus and a defense
Colleen Grady
Colleen Grady, Assistant Principal
Defense attorney failed to provide an omnibus and a defense witness list prior to trial. Also, his client told him to call witnesses in his defense during the trial. He instead rested the case. Furthe… read more
How easy is it for a defendant to obtain an attorney for a
Ray, Lawyer
How easy is it for a defendant to obtain an attorney for a murder trial where his family is considered poverty? Can a person obtain an attorney if he or she already has a public defender?… read more
Can you fire your court appointed attorney during a criminal
Jack R.
Jack R., Partner
Can you fire your court appointed attorney during a criminal trial if your attorney isn't trying very hard to defend you? This is in Ohio. What happens with your case?… read more
violation s in the court defendant found guilty. accuser attorney
Cedric
Cedric, Attorney at Law
violation s in the court defendant found guilty. accuser attorney express his personal opion on defendant and gesture at defendant court appointed lawyer fail to declare a mistrail and also lawyer obj… read more