How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Mr. Lofton Your Own Question
Mr. Lofton
Mr. Lofton, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 1291
Experience:  25 years experience
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Mr. Lofton is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son is serving time in Louisiana for a

Customer Question

My son is serving time in Louisiana for a non-violent drug crime and they moved him to another correctional facility in Louisiana and he is feeling so unsafe that he asked for solitary, otherwise he felt he was going to be attacked. He just wants to get this time served safely. What can we do to make sure he is in a safe situation and is not drawn into a fight to protect himself? Do we need to hire an attorney to check on this situation and to intercede? If that is so I am not sure what kind of attorney we would need since I live in Illinois? Would it help to call the DOC in Louisiana? I am not even sure how long he has to be in there but it could not be very long.
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Mr. Lofton replied 9 years ago.

Quickly you should telephjone LA DOC: FInd the location and telephonenumbers here:

Speaking to a criminal attorney in LA who deals with these issues is also probably a good idea.

I don';t find any info/support group for parents of adult prisoners, but call these people and see if they can point you in the right direction:Tel(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr />Fax(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

Families & Friends of Louisiana's Incarcerated Children
1600 Oretha Castle Haley Boulevard
New Orleans, LA 70113
Tel(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr />Fax(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr />


Mr. Lofton and 3 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Families & Friends of Louisiana's Incarcerated Children
Is this an advocate for children. My son is an adult? Would they have a recomendation for an attorney and should that attorney be in Baton Rouge or in Jonesboro. His location is in a facility that is not listed on the DOC page you sent to me. Should I try to find a phone number and call the facility directly or go through people in Baton Rouge.

Related Criminal Law Questions