How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask David Coleman Your Own Question
David Coleman
David Coleman, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 1105
Experience:  BEc(SocSci). LLB (Usyd) - 5 years of Work Experience
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
David Coleman is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

what do I do, if I know my boyfriend stole money from ...

Resolved Question:

what do I do, if I know my boyfriend stole money from me but I didn''t see him do it? This time was only $50.00, but it''s still stealing! Can I take legal action?
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  David Coleman replied 9 years ago.
Dear Madam,

I think the best thing you can do about this is confront your boyfriend about it and ask him to give the mone back. Theoretically you might be able to take legal action, but the filing fee for the court would probably be more than 50$ and then you all of the opportunity cost of wasting time in court. Attorneys fees for a legal action like this could run into several hundred dollars. If you really feel strongly about it, I think the best thing to do would be to contact either the local police or your local court to see about making a small claim.


David Coleman and 3 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Thank you.. I have confronted him and of course he denied it.. What would the police do-- I know it's probably not worth the courts time, but just to scare him would be good enough for me and then to get him out-of-my-life!! Would the police arrest him or would I have to take out a warrant?