How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Mr. Lofton Your Own Question
Mr. Lofton
Mr. Lofton, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 1291
Experience:  25 years experience
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Mr. Lofton is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

WE just found out our lawyer that was paid in full in ...

Resolved Question:

WE just found out our lawyer that was paid in full in 2004)to represent my husband in a dui#2 is suspended from practicing law . we have a court date on 4/21 .what do we do it has been 4 years of delay and we want to close this chapter. the last the lawyer told us was he was working with solicitor to get charges reduced. my husband has not recieved any tickets since the srrest and has completed all state requirments complition of ADSAP, the only item on his 10 year record is theBOA at arrest(he took breathilizer).We were thinking of calling the solicitor and try to strike a deal? or can our case be dropped because of our lawyers suspension.
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Mr. Lofton replied 9 years ago.

Lawyer being suspended will only get you a new lawyer. But there is no reason that you should not call on bahalf of husband and talk to the solicitor and make inquiry. No reason he could not drop charges if he was so inclined - no doubt he's very busy and wants to clear his case load.


All the best,

Mr. Lofton and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you