How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Swartz Your Own Question
Thomas Swartz
Thomas Swartz, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 3139
Experience:  Twenty one years experience as a lawyer in New York and New Jersey. Former Appellate Law Clerk.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Thomas Swartz is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Was arrested and served time in state prison ( 0ne year ...

Resolved Question:

Was arrested and served time in state prison ( 0ne year )..Is there anyway to have record expunged or rehab certificate...I have tried everything...I cannot get a job
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Thomas Swartz replied 9 years ago.


California does have procedures to expunge your criminal record and obtain a certificate of rehabilitation. The requirements and the procedure to do so is somewhat complicated. But the California Courts have This Excellent Web Page setting forth the entire process. Since I don't know your exact situation, I recommend that you read all of it. It explains exactly what you are entitled to, what forms you have to file, etc.

I hope this information helps. Good luck.


Thomas Swartz and 4 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Criminal Law Questions