Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

Was arrested and served time in state prison ( 0ne year ...

Customer Question
Was arrested and served time...
Was arrested and served time in state prison ( 0ne year )..Is there anyway to have record expunged or rehab certificate...I have tried everything...I cannot get a job
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
4/2/2008
Criminal Lawyer: Thomas Swartz, Lawyer replied 9 years ago
Thomas Swartz

HelloCustomer

California does have procedures to expunge your criminal record and obtain a certificate of rehabilitation. The requirements and the procedure to do so is somewhat complicated. But the California Courts have This Excellent Web Page setting forth the entire process. Since I don't know your exact situation, I recommend that you read all of it. It explains exactly what you are entitled to, what forms you have to file, etc.

I hope this information helps. Good luck.

Thomas

Thomas Swartz
Thomas Swartz
Thomas Swartz
Thomas Swartz, Lawyer