Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

What sort of charges could be filed against an individual ...

Customer Question
What sort of charges could...
What sort of charges could be filed against an individual if an off duty DEA Agent says that they confiscated a very small amount of marijuana from that individual on school property on a saturday afternoon in pennsylvania?
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
4/2/2008
Criminal Lawyer: jamest, Private Investigator replied 9 years ago
jamest
jamest, Private Investigator
Well it depends. First of all why you were at the school on a Saturday.... you could face a trespassing charge if you were not authorized to be there. Since you say small amount I am going to guess it was for personal use and no intent to distribute charge was tacked on, then it would be a simple possession case. If this was the case i do not think that federal charges will be filed, but you could be charged under both.

Your question was not so specific if there is anything else you want to know feel free to ask a follow up question and i will try and help you with that.
As far as I know no charges were filed. Presence on the property was permitted at the time. The individual DEA agent took the stuff and proceeded to drop it off at a local police department hours later with just his account of what he thought he witnessed and two individual's names. No one was arrested, no follow up from any police thus far.
hum, how long has it been since you heard from anyone?
Reply to jamest's Post: days
You could hear from them, unless it was for sale or distribution it would be a misdemeanor and it may be something they aren't rushing for, and since your not in custody, unless you volunteer to come down, they would have to get a warrant to force their way into your home, this takes time as the case must be given to the prosecutor and then to a judge, who would review the evidence and if satisfied, he would issue a summons or a warrant for you arrest. 2-3 weeks is a reasonable length of time that this may take, so you may be served with papers.
jamest
jamest, Private Investigator
jamest
jamest
jamest, Private Investigator