How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Michael Foley Your Own Question
Michael Foley
Michael Foley, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 67
Experience:  3 years teaching paralegals at college level; former work in prosecution and defense.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Michael Foley is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i was convicated of a dui .how can i get a hard ship license

This answer was rated:

No Comment Added

Generally speaking, you must be able to PROVE a hardship...typically this is employment or school related. The procedure is to contact your local DMV office, and yes, I know they are often not helpful in most situations. If you get nowhere with them, call the Division of Driver License Customer Service at(NNN) NNN-NNNNin Tallahassee.

It sounds to me like you are getting the runaround as either your PO or at minimum, the State Attorney's office should have that info.....My best suggestion as you are dealing with the State of Florida is to continue to your local DMV, and if you get nowhere, ask for a supervisor.

Be mindful that the burden of proof is on YOU - you must show a hardship and there is no guarantee that you will obtain the license. Also, the DMV has the right to assess you an additional fee.

Good luck!

Michael Foley and 2 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Criminal Law Questions