Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

can there be public exposure in a motor vehical if the ...

Customer Question
can there be public exposure...
can there be public exposure in a motor vehical if the vehical is mine.
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
3/4/2008
Criminal Lawyer: Michelle, Elected/Appointed Official replied 9 years ago
Michelle
Michelle, Elected/Appointed Official

Dear colorado

Yes. Public exposure is defined by the CO Statutes as the following - which in essence means if you are standing in your own home by the windows or front doors with your genitals exposed you could be charged, too.

18-7-302. Indecent exposure.

Statute text

(1) A person commits indecent exposure if he knowingly exposes his genitals to the view of any person under circumstances in which such conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm to the other person.

(b) Indecent exposure is a class 1 misdemeanor.

(2) (Deleted by amendment, L. 2002, p. 1587, § 21, effective July 1, 2002.)

(4) Indecent exposure is a class 6 felony if the violation is committed subsequent to two prior convictions of a violation of this section or of a violation of a comparable offense in any other state or in the United States, or of a violation of a comparable municipal ordinance.

Best to you,

If my answer has been helpful, please ACCEPT my answer so I get credit for my effort to help you . If I can be of further help, let me know. Appropriate FEEDBACK is appreciated as is a bonus. Thanks ~ Michelle

Michelle
Michelle, Elected/Appointed Official
Michelle
Michelle
Michelle, Elected/Appointed Official