How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask J D Haas Your Own Question
J D Haas
J D Haas, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 2998
Experience:  23 years as a trial lawyer with experience in criminal law.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
J D Haas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What kind of penalties do I face for failing to repot to a ...

Resolved Question:

What kind of penalties do I face for failing to repot to a scheduled DWI probation meeting? I live in Dallas, TX and this is my first offense.
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  J D Haas replied 9 years ago.
The sentence that you face is the sentence for the underlying crime of DWI. For example, if the sentence was 60 days in jail but a suspended sentence while you were on probation and attending meetings and you failed to follow the terms of your probation by attending meetings, then the sentence could be imposed. This is up to the judge's discretion.

You should immediately contact everyone associated with your case: probation officer, court, your attorney, etc. and explain to them the reasons for your missing the meeting. Show them the actions that you have taken to avoid missing meetings in the future or violating your probation in other ways. This gives you the best chance of avoiding a penalty. Good luck.

I hope that I have helped you and that I have answered all of your questions. Please
ask more questions if I have not answered all of your questions.

Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information.
You and I have not entered into an attorney/client relationship, and I am not
responsible for your legal rights. The only way for us to be in an
attorney/client relationship is if you have signed a written retainer agreement
with my law firm.
J D Haas and 3 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you