TruthFinder
TruthFinder, Consultant
Experience:  Personal and professional research consultant for over 7 years & always updating my knowledge.
4257669

i AM A 30 YEAR OLD MOTHER WHO RECENTLY ADMITTED TO TAKING 3 ...

i AM A 30 YEAR OLD MOTHER WHO RECENTLY ADMITTED TO TAKING 3 BOTTLES(300 TABLETS) OF PRESCRIPTION PAIN MEDICATION FROM THE PHARMACY THAT I WORKED FOR. I HAVE NOT BEEN ARRESTED YET BUT HAVE GIVEN A WRITTEN AN ORAL STATEMENT TO THE SBI AN LOCAL DRUG ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS. I HAVE NO RECORD OR EVEN A SPEEDING TICKET. I TOOK THE MEDS TO SELL TO HELP PAY FOR A WELL, TRANSMISSION ON CAR, AND WATER HEATER. I HAVE NEVER DONE ANYTHING LIKE THIS BEFORE. WHAT AM I LOOKING AT FOR CHARGES/SENTENCING?

Depending on if they charge you with the intent to sale of the drugs alone or add a larceny charge (which by itself is a Class H Felony), your punishment could be several years in jail. What was the drug you took? That also makes a difference in the punishment as this is a Federal crime as well.

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to TruthFinder's Post: hydrocodone 10/325 (pain medication)
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
is there anything i can do to help myself ?
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Do most deas and judges have a leaneancy for first time offenders in nc

If you are charged with trafficking, due to the large number of tablets you had, it is very serious with a penalty of:

First Offense: Not more that 20 yrs. If death or serious injury, not less than 20 yrs, or more than Life. Fine $1 million if an individual, $5 million if not an individual.

This is considered a Schedule II drug and there is no limit to the amount.

For the H Felony charge of larceny you could get up to 4 years and face civil action by your employer. For the possession with intent to sell (a Class I Felony) you could get up to 6 years.

You can read more HERE on the drug charges and penalties for your state and HERE for the federal.

If you had a buyer for the medication, you may be able to plead to a lesser charge or have time taken off your sentence if you can offer up those names to law enforcement. Since this is your first offense like this, or for any matter, and it can be assumed you will never do this again as I am sure you will not be allowed to work in a pharmacy again, they may be more lenient with your sentencing. Also the fact that you have already admitted guilt in the matter may allow them to make a deal with you.The main thing you need to do right now is ask for an attorney immediately upon being arrested before you say anything else to anyone to protect yourself.

You may also want to go HERE.