TruthFinder
TruthFinder, Consultant
Experience:  Personal and professional research consultant for over 7 years & always updating my knowledge.
4257669

i want an expungement, but illinois law dont allow ...

Customer Question

i want an expungement, but illinois law dont allow that for battery. i was 18 years old when that happened i was young and i am now 33 and i want to get rid of this. what can i really do?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  TruthFinder replied 9 years ago.
Were you charged as an adult? Was this Domestic Battery? If so then you will more than likely be unable to have this expunged, however, HERE is where you need to contact to find out for sure. They have great information available online as well. For more information go HERE, HERE, and HERE.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to TruthFinder's Post: are u sure i cant get it expungement? it been 10 years and never been in trouble since.. is it posssible? come now do better reasearch for me then i will accept ok thanks.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
come on now it been 10 years never been in trouble since and it was one year court supervision. that should count for soemthing. i am abiding citizen i just want an expungement

That makes a huge difference.

Did you use the links and information on those? Did you read HERE on page 10? Are you saying that you only got supervision and not a sentence? If that is the case then you do qualify for the expungement as court supervision is not a conviction; read more HERE on page 13.

(Remember the more information you can give the "better research" I can do......I can only work with what you give me.)

So, if you are now saying that you were on court supervision for domestic battery and it has been 5 years since you completed that supervision, then use the packet HERE to have your records expunged. You do NOT, however, qualify to have your records sealed through the court without receiving a pardon for the offense (the law is weird on that because if it is expunged it is destroyed and no need to be sealed...lol).

Good luck & God bless!