Moe Manser
Moe Manser, Paralegal
Experience:  President of U.S. Legal Research Corp., over 15 years of assisting lawyers nationwide. Federal/State
8373170

What is the statute of limitations on a warrant ...

What is the statute of limitations on a warrant for felonious possesion of marijuana with intent to sell & felonious sell & deliver marijuana?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Moe Manser replied 9 years ago.
Dear Customer

North Carolina has no statute of limitations for felonies but does have a two-year statute of limitations for misdemeanors. (G.S. 15-1) The statute of limitations begins to run on the date of the offense and continues to run until the issuance of an arrest warrant, indictment, or other criminal process.

Regards
Moe

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
What is the worst that can happen.
Dear Customer

On a charge which 5 years old, I would consult with an attorney. Witnesses may not be available, and evidence might have been destroyed or lost. You might have a good chance of getting a good plea offer, because I doubt that the state can proceed with trial.

Regards
Moe