How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawEnforcement4you Your Own Question
LawEnforcement4you, Policeperson
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 45
Experience:  Police Officer – 22 yrs., Chief of Police – 5 yrs., Accident Reconstruction Specialist
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
LawEnforcement4you is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

if a sentance or condition is dropped for parole ...

Customer Question

if a sentance or condition is dropped for parole transfer can that sentance or condition be reinstated 14 years after discharge from parole?
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  LawEnforcement4you replied 9 years ago.

Please provide the full term of the parole, the charges convicted of, and was the parole transfered intrastate?



Customer: replied 9 years ago.
the charge was attempted rape of girlfriend,the parole was interstate transfered 1992. parole discharged in nebraska no registration requirement dropped do to transfer. 16 years later no other criminal proceedings wants to reinstate sex offender registry based on 1985 conviction.
Expert:  LawEnforcement4you replied 9 years ago.

Thanks for the information. Under Nebraska law anyone who is convicted of a sex offense, was on probation for a sex offense or moved into the state having been convicted of a sex offense after January1, 1997 must register as a sex offender.

Unfortunately as of January 1, 1997 your boyfriend was still on probation and had an out of state conviction for a sex offense and under the Nebraska law is required to register.

He is an excerpt from the law:


Offenders Required to Register:

A person is required to register who, as of January 1, 1997: Pleads guilty to or is found guilty of any crime(s) requiring registration; Is on probation or parole or incarcerated for any of the crimes requiring registration; Is released from incarceration, parole, probation for any of the crimes requiring registration; Moves into the state of Nebraska having pleaded guilty or been found guilty of any offense that is substantially equivalent to the crimes requiring registration in Nebraska.




Hope this helps,