bbironsides
bbironsides, Lawyer
Experience:  former public defender, tried over 200 criminal cases
5210031

What is the max penalty for Misdemenour Hit and Run in Ohio

What is the max penalty for Misdemenour Hit and Run in Ohio with very little vehicle damage, no arrests, no drugs, no alcahol, only ticket for Hit and Skip amd improper lane change?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  bbironsides replied 9 years ago.
Deam Mike 48622:

The maximum is two (2) years.

Here is the actual law:http://www.deadlyroads.com/laws/ohio-hit-and-run-laws.shtml

Good luck, and let me know if you need more!
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Two years? For a scratched fender! No alcahol, no drugs, no arrests, not even a broker tail light! What is the likely outcome? Fines? Surely not 2 years in jail for something so minor!!
You asked for the maximum. Two years is the maximum. That doesn't mean that is what you will get.

As a lawyer, I can tell you that it is difficult to make predictions. It depends on how tough the judge and prosecutor are, the circumstances of the crime, etc. The main crime is committed by leaving the scene, and not by how minor the damage is.