How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Moe Manser Your Own Question
Moe Manser
Moe Manser, Paralegal
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 162
Experience:  President of U.S. Legal Research Corp., over 15 years of assisting lawyers nationwide. Federal/State
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Moe Manser is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i had turned myself in to police12/20. 12/28 they went to ...

Customer Question

i had turned myself in to police12/20. 12/28 they went to my apartment and searched they found old paraphineliain a jacket .we were still getting settled in our new place. i was using behind my husbands back .well they arrested him for the pipe and put my daughter in protective custody.i still dont have her either.he wasnt charged with child endangerment when arrested on 12/28. now 2/1/08 they put a warrant for his arrest and charged him with it now can you help with any insight at all? what is there for us to do? what are the consiquences of this charge?please help withsome answers.thanks
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Moe Manser replied 9 years ago.
DearCustomerbr />
If as you claim, the drugs are yours and not his, and he was not caught with the drugs in his possession, then most likely he will not be charged. You would need to inform his lawyer of this information, so he can file a motion to dismiss the charges. It seems that the prosecutor upgraded the charges after he/she went through the original complaint, this is normal, prosecutors usually upgrade or downgrade the original complaint based on the nature and evidence. Bear in mind that, you might be charged with this offense. I recommend that you seek legal advice ASAP, before you do or say anything. Once child services gets involved the situation becomes more difficult, if you wait too long.

Good Luck!!


If my answer has been helpful, please ACCEPT my answer so I get credit for my effort to help you . FEEDBACK is appreciated as is a bonus. Thanks Moe.