Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

while on parole, your probation officer violates you for

Customer Question
useing illegal street drugs, breaking...
while on parole, your probation officer violates you for useing illegal street drugs, breaking curfew, and being at the casino, she then places you under arrest you are now in jail, you have to appear in front of the parole commity, is there a certain amount of time that they have to give you your hearing
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
2/4/2008
Criminal Lawyer: Michelle, Elected/Appointed Official replied 9 years ago
Michelle
Michelle, Elected/Appointed Official

DearCustomer/p>

Here is what the law says about the time for a revocation hearing

TITLE 20
STATE PRISON AND COUNTY JAILS
CHAPTER 2
STATE BOARD OF CORRECTIONS
20-229. PAROLE REVOCATION HEARING.

Whenever a paroled prisoner is accused of a violation of parole, other than by absconding supervision or the commission of, and conviction for, a felony or misdemeanor offense under the laws of this state, or any other state, or any federal laws, the parolee shall be entitled to a fair and impartial hearing of such charges within thirty (30) days from the date the accused is served with the charges of the violation of conditions of parole subsequent to arrest and detention.

The hearing shall be held before one (1) or more members of the commission for pardons and parole, or before an impartial hearings officer selected by the executive director. Such hearing shall be held at a place or places, within this state, reasonably
near the site of the alleged violation or violations of parole. If the parolee has been supervised outside of the state of Idaho and such violations occurred outside of Idaho, the executive director or hearing officer shall determine the location of the hearing.

Whenever a paroled prisoner is accused of a violation of parole by absconding supervision or the commission of, and conviction for, a felony or misdemeanor offense under the laws of this state, or any other state, or any federal laws, the parolee shall be entitled to a fair and impartial hearing within a reasonable time from the date the accused is served with such charges. The location of such hearing shall be determined by the executive director or hearing officer.

Best to you,

If my answer has been helpful, please ACCEPT my answer so I get credit for my effort to help you . If I can be of further help, let me know. Appropriate FEEDBACK is appreciated as is a bonus. Thanks ~ Michelle

Michelle
Michelle
Michelle, Elected/Appointed Official