How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Moe Manser Your Own Question
Moe Manser
Moe Manser, Paralegal
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 162
Experience:  President of U.S. Legal Research Corp., over 15 years of assisting lawyers nationwide. Federal/State
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Moe Manser is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My client has a conviction back in 1989 in Idaho ...

Resolved Question:

My client has a conviction back in 1989 in Idaho for having sex with his daughter and is on the national registry for sex offenders. Is ther any way to get his record expunged or taken off the registry because it happended before the registry was even started.
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Moe Manser replied 9 years ago.
DearCustomerbr />
Unfortunally Sex offenses can not be expunged . The removal of a sex offender’s name from the Sex Offender Registry can occur for the following reasons: death of the individual, certain states allow registrants to terminate the obligation after 15 years from the date of first registering upon proof to the Court that no offenses have been committed during that time and the registrant is no longer a danger to others. There is an exception in wherein offender who has been convicted for more than one offense of aggravated sexual assault or sexual assault may not seek such removal from the registry.


If my answer has been helpful, please ACCEPT my answer so I get credit for my effort to help you . FEEDBACK is appreciated as is a bonus. Thanks Moe
Moe Manser and 7 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Criminal Law Questions