How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Michelle Your Own Question
Michelle, Elected/Appointed Official
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 4136
Experience:  30 + yrs in the legal profession incl. criminal, family, politics, legislator judiciary 6 yrs
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Michelle is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Arrested97,no evidence,nofingerprints on ...

Resolved Question:

Arrested97,no evidence,nofingerprints on weapon,no signed statements of witnesses placeing weapon in my hand,told lawyer his investigator forced me into pleading guilty(onrecord)lawyer states( on record)his investigator didnot force me into taking plea.asked judge to take plea back,because i was confused.judeg says no and sentenced me to 7-17yrs.2-07,was conditionally released.everythingpoints to my innocence.can i get compensated for the yrs locked up?If so please let me know in your answer.THANK YOU
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Michelle replied 9 years ago.


When you say "everything points to my innocence" what does that mean, exactly? Were you ever exonerated of the crime?

Please provide the additional information, so I may better assist you

Thanks ~ M

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
what i mean is,no evidence,was struck from the record.witnesses said they didnot see weapon in my hand,my fingerprints were not on the statement could not condemn me.when lawyer went against me on record,judge should have stopped proceedings and assigned me another lawyer,because,lawyer can not represent me properly by going against me.14th amendment violated.NOW,with,no evidence,no fingerprints on weapon,no signed statements of guilt,no witnesses placing weapon in my knew all of the above,and would not lift a finger to help.still sentenced to 7-14yrs.I can see that i was railroaded.I have papers and records to support my claims.I want to be compensated for the ten yrs locked up because of courts negligence and lawyers ineffectiveness.I do not know the proper procedure.I need your help.
Expert:  Michelle replied 9 years ago.


This is not something you are going to be able to successfully handle on your own. I suggest that you contact your local ACLU who can provide you with the legal expertise that you will need, because first you will have to file for a Pardon or Executive Clemency and you want this based on the error of the court.

You also can try to contact someone at the Innocence Project - information HERE. While they usually handle death row matters - and are very busy with get people exonerated they would be worth speaking with because they, too, can direct you to the proper legal counsel who can review your case and documents.

Without a Pardon/Executive Clemency you will not be able to be succesful in any suit to get reparations for your time served, however unjust.

Best of success to you in this matter,


If my answer has been helpful, please ACCEPT my answer so I get credit for my effort to help you . If I can be of further help, let me know. Appropriate FEEDBACK is appreciated as is a bonus. Thanks ~ Michelle

Michelle and 2 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you