How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Michelle Your Own Question
Michelle, Elected/Appointed Official
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 4136
Experience:  30 + yrs in the legal profession incl. criminal, family, politics, legislator judiciary 6 yrs
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Michelle is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i need legal help for felony charge.cant aford a lawer,i a ...

Resolved Question:

i need legal help for felony charge.cant aford a lawer,i a a full time student,have no income at this time.charged with attempted burglary of auto. pottawatomie county,okla. thank you phillip griggs
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Michelle replied 9 years ago.

Dear ruffs4

I suggest that you would qualify for the Public Defender or a court-appointed attorney - you can contact them via the Clerk of the Court in the county where you were charged. You also might try the Oklahoma Bar Association and seek a pro bono referral - You can CLICK HERE for that contact information.

Best of success to you in this matter


Michelle and 4 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
i did not quality for court appointid attorney because i bonded out.
Expert:  Michelle replied 9 years ago.

Dear Customer

Well, then try the referral site I gave you - perhaps, that will help you. Even if you cant get a pro bono, perhaps a payment plan can be arranged with an attorney. The bottomline is no attorney wants to work for nothing. - And with the possible jail time attached to your crimes I would suggest you do not want to go it alone.

But if you decide to do that, you would then be able to talk to the DA and try to work a plea agreement - if this is a first offense that would be likely.



Expert:  Michelle replied 9 years ago.

Dear ruff

You also can check with the U of OK law school - HERE is that information -