How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Moe Manser Your Own Question
Moe Manser
Moe Manser, Paralegal
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 162
Experience:  President of U.S. Legal Research Corp., over 15 years of assisting lawyers nationwide. Federal/State
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Moe Manser is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Starting about 2 years ago I had acquired 2 speeding ...

Resolved Question:

Starting about 2 years ago I had acquired 2 speeding tickets in the state of Massachusetts. The first one I never went to court for so when I got pulled over for the second one it was for a warrant for my arrest and a speeding ticket. I got pulled over again on a Friday night and was taken in to custody for he 2 warrants and 2 tickets. Being the fact that it was a Friday night I did the weekend in jail and went to court on Monday. At court I was issued a $200 fine and cleared my record. Recently I had gone out to eat with my girlfriend in Mass and got pulled over. The officer gave me a citation for an automatic court appearance for driving with a suspended license. I had not realized I had to get my license reinstated in the state. I have court on Tuesday and I was wondering what is going to happen or if you could tell me what is most likely going to happen.
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Moe Manser replied 9 years ago.

When you go to court on Tuesday, you will be given the option to speak with the prosecutor before your case is called before the judge. Most likely the prosecutor will give you an option, pay the fine and he/she will recommend that your license not be suspended. You will still have to clear it out with the DMV, meaning, you will have to go to the DMV and pay a restoration fee. Bring copies of the fines you paid to the court, this will give you more credibility. Make it clear to the prosecutor that your willing to settle this case today, a guilty plea ( IF YOU ARE GUILTY ) in exchange for no suspension. 9 times out of10, Prosecutors and the court will agree to this type of plea. The courts in traffic violations normally accept the prosecutors recommendations and plea agreements.

Good Luck !!


If my answer has been helpful, please ACCEPT my answer so I get credit for my effort to help you . FEEDBACK is appreciated. Thanks Moe
Moe Manser and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
my license is already suspended in that state hence driving under suspension. will that still work out ok?
Expert:  Moe Manser replied 9 years ago.
Dear XXXXXWhitebeck

It will at least save you additional suspension time for the second offense. It doesn't hurt to try. Prosecutors in municipal violation cases normally look to recover funds, their willing to do what ever it takes to resolve the issue.

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
SO you believe I will have no jail time?
Expert:  Moe Manser replied 9 years ago.
DearCustomerbr />
Due the fact that you were suspended for no restoring your license, judges don't usually hand down jail time for that. Usually it's fines.

Good Luck!!