How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Michelle Your Own Question
Michelle, Elected/Appointed Official
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 4136
Experience:  30 + yrs in the legal profession incl. criminal, family, politics, legislator judiciary 6 yrs
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Michelle is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

what is the procedue when you are a felen to recive your ...

Customer Question

what is the procedue when you are a felen to recive your voting rights back
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Michelle replied 9 years ago.


What state were the crimes committed? I need that information to accurately assist you

Thanks ~ M

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
the state of California
Expert:  Michelle replied 9 years ago.


While you would be eligible to vote in CA if you were a resident, not on probation or parole and have nothing pending - HOWEVER, in order for that to pass into a non-felon voter state like AZ, you would need to have your record expunged. In CA felon records cannot be expunged unless there was no incarceration and only probation that was successfully completed. If this is the case, then you can contact the clerk of the court where the conviction was issued and apply for expungement.

Unfortunately, your only option would be to get an Executive Pardon via the CA Governor which then would allow you to vote in another state. Otherwise, your record is going to follow you.

Best to you in this matter,


If my answer has been helpful, please ACCEPT my answer so I get credit for my effort to help you . If I can be of further help, let me know. Appropriate FEEDBACK is appreciated as is a bonus. Thanks ~ Michelle

Michelle and 2 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Michelle's Post: Thank you very much for your time and information, we will contact a lawyer in California to do this, thanks again. Gene A. Johnson