How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 118642
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I served my sentance and now being a convicted sex ...

Customer Question

I served my sentance and now being a convicted sex offender I am getting new laws against me the constitutuoin says we cannot not be repunished with new laws
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Relist: I still need help.
i am in dyer need of getting off this registry I was convicted of attempted sex abuse in Buffalo ny and was sentance to be on the registry for 10 yrs its now going on 12 and I am living in florida I lost my homes and jobs because of the laws and need a lawyer
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 8 years ago.
Unfortunately, when they changed the laws, the US Supreme Court stated that they could apply them retroactively. Also, every state has different laws on the registration and when the ACLU cannot help you, it is likely that you will be spending money on an attorney in a matter you cannot win.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Relist: I prefer a second opinion.