Michelle
Michelle, Elected/Appointed Official
Experience:  30 + yrs in the legal profession incl. criminal, family, politics, legislator judiciary 6 yrs
3273316

how can i get in touch with the correct people to help me ...

how can i get in touch with the correct people to help me get his record expunged in the state of ohio

DearCustomer/p>

I have answered you on the other post. This is what it says

DearCustomer/p>

I am sure this is very painful for you. Here are the guidelines for expungement in Ohio

If it was a first offense - (where all convictions connected or separate years)

If he was given a probation in lieu of jail time OR

If he was a juvenile

You can read more on Ohio Expungements HERE ( 2953.32)

If he does not qualify for the direct expungement then he can apply for the pardon via the Governor's office. There are no guarantees he would get the pardon and there are no guarantees that if he gets the pardon he would get the expungement.

However, these are his only options. I know you wanted to knw about the expungement assistant services - and I just wanted to give you the information on the law so that if you contact one of these services they don't try to take you for a ride. Knowledge, as they say, is power.

I wish it were better news for you and your family. You would think that after 10 years of being clean and productive that would be recognized by the courts and that each case would be evaluated on the progress and merits. You also can contact your local STATE elected officials and discuss this matter to see if there is someone who would consider new legislation which would change Ohio expungement laws so that each is viewed and considered on their own merits.

If my answer has been helpful, please ACCEPT my answer so I get credit for my effort to help you . If I can be of further help, let me know. Appropriate FEEDBACK is appreciated as is a bonus. Thanks ~ Michelle