How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Michelle Your Own Question
Michelle, Elected/Appointed Official
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 4136
Experience:  30 + yrs in the legal profession incl. criminal, family, politics, legislator judiciary 6 yrs
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Michelle is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I altered money order from a property management

Customer Question

I altered money order from a property management company over 10-11 months ago. I beleive the amount is around $3000-$5000 january 30 a warrent for my arrest was issued claiming theft of personal proerty $1000-10,000. I was issued in another state where I was living. I am currently reside in another state for 7 mths. What shouldI do? I dont really know if this is what it is but I think this is who is charging me . How can I find out? also the discribtion listed has a different hair and eye color.
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Michelle replied 9 years ago.


Have you been served the warrant and been arrested? Or are you waiting to turn yourself in?

Please provide the additional information so I can accurately answer your question.

Thanks ~ Michelle

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Michelle's Post: I am in another state now. Nothing has been issued to me. The info came from a freind I use to live with in the other state.
Expert:  Michelle replied 9 years ago.


Ok. Then the only way you can find out what it for is to consult with a local attorney who can call and find out. You can make the call yourself, but I suggest it is better to have a local attorney do that. Then u can decide what you want to do. The attorney can direct you to turn yourself in locally where the attorney would be able to advise you if you should waive extradiction or not. If you do not waive extradiction then you would have a hearing and a bond would probably be established until they can have a hearing on the validity of the charge. More than likely, at some point you would be extradited - and the hearing is just prolonging the envitable - but you do have that option.

Keep in mind, that if there is a warrant for your arrest, you can be arrested let's say if you are stopped for a traffic ticket and the background reveals it - which it would.

As to the accuracy of the physical description, that is really insignificant because people can dye hair and wear contacts both of which alter the appearance.

Best of success to you in this matter,


If my answer has been helpful, please ACCEPT my answer so I get credit for my effort to help you . If I can be of further help, let me know. Appropriate FEEDBACK is appreciated as is a bonus. Thanks ~ Michelle

Related Criminal Law Questions