How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask jamest Your Own Question
jamest, Private Investigator
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 372
Experience:  Investigator of criminal law cases, especially Florida law. Work with retailers, others, consultant
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
jamest is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What can be done about an employer that degrads

Customer Question

What can be done about an employer that degrads employies? such as calling employies dependent children.
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  jamest replied 9 years ago.
Hi, what a terrible boss. I do not believe what you have stated gives rise to anything you could do. if it was very mean and constant, you may be able to claim a hostile work environment, but i think you would need more than what you have written so far, are there any other things more egregious that has happened?
jamest and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
In the years I have worked there I have come to believe that this man runs others down in order to keep them from having the self confidance to ask for what they are worth.
Expert:  jamest replied 9 years ago.
You can try to file a complaint with the state department of labor, but to be honest I really don't think there is anything substantial that can be done about this. there is no crime of being a mean boss, nor does it rise to the level of a hostile work environment, I am sorry, in my honest opinion, I don't think there is a good case. I would say in most companies to talk to human resources, but if he is the owner, I don't think that would help. I don't know why so many good people would work for such a terrible person, but thats the economy. I wish I had better news. sorry.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
So do I. At least this keeps me from jumping too quick. so I will push the accept your answer Sir. I shall seek other employment
Expert:  jamest replied 9 years ago.
I recommend seeking other employment a swell.

Related Criminal Law Questions