How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask jamest Your Own Question
jamest, Private Investigator
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 372
Experience:  Investigator of criminal law cases, especially Florida law. Work with retailers, others, consultant
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
jamest is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How often are police allowed to raid the same house

Customer Question

Are police allowed to break down your door and enter your house as often as they receive the approval from a judge? What if they never find anything? what can I do? I mean if the cop hypes up a story and prevents his case to the judge, of course the judge is most likely to buy the story.
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  jamest replied 9 years ago.

Hello, sorry to hear about the trouble.
You could file a complaint with the police agency, and the state attorney generals office. If they have a warrant there is not much you can do at that stage. You would need to speak to an attorney regarding police harassment, if they are finding nothing, and there is no reasonable reason to believe they will, you may have a case. You may want to try the website "" they provide services for people in your situation. Unfortunately there is little you can do that does not require spending money to make the situation stop.
I know this is a dificult situation, no one would like ot find themselves in, I hope i could provide some help.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
so basically your telling me that as long as a police officer can get his hands on a warrant it is possible for him to raid a house as often as the warrants are supplied to him?
Expert:  jamest replied 9 years ago.
I am sorry if the information is displeasing, but yes. A judge is saying there is probable cause to search, you would have to complain against the police department, if they are fraud, their reports should be public record, you can see what they submit to the judge. You can go after them for malicious prosecution if they blatantly lied, or harassment if they repeatedly search and find nothing. However I'm sorry there is no number you can call or button you can press that will make it all go away. You have to go on the offensive, fire a shot across their bow, file a complaint, let them know you will fight. however, they are free to search as often as they can get a warrant and there is nothing anyone can do about that except a judge who issues them. Try complaining to the chief judge of the court which is issuing the warrants, it is most likely the same judge who is rubber stamping them, I'm not saying it will solve the problem, but it is something you can do.