How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask J D Haas Your Own Question
J D Haas
J D Haas, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 2998
Experience:  23 years as a trial lawyer with experience in criminal law.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
J D Haas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

iam a ex-substance addict .ihad arelapse after 3years ...

Customer Question

iam a ex-substance addict .ihad arelapse after 3years during whichivisited acrack house that was being monitored ihave no criminal record .what cani becharged with
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  J D Haas replied 9 years ago.
You cannot be charged with anything unless the police have proof that you committed a crime. If the police can prove that you bought and/or used crack, you can be charged with possession. If you had a large amount, perhaps you can be charged with trafficking. You might be charged with vagrancy depending upon the circumstances. It depends on their proof and your actions while you were in the house.

I hope that I have helped, answered all of your questions, and that I have provided you with useful information. Please contact me if I have not answered all of your questions. If my answer is satisfactory please accept it. I really appreciate positive feedback.

In the future, you can specifically request that I work with you on your legal question. If you have specifically requested that I answer this question, thank you.

Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You and I have not entered into an attorney/client relationship. The only way that I am legally responsible for your legal rights is if you have signed a written retainer agreement with my law firm.

J D Haas and 5 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to J D Haas's Post: i stayed in that house for 12 hrs and spent over 400 bucks but inever bought anything myself just thru somebody.
Expert:  J D Haas replied 9 years ago.
Purchases through a surrogate might still be attributed to you. Much will depend upon the information that the police have pertaining to the charges. Good luck.