Michelle
Michelle, Elected/Appointed Official
Experience:  30 + yrs in the legal profession incl. criminal, family, politics, legislator judiciary 6 yrs
3273316

If you are on probation in Montgomery county

If you are on probation in Montgomery county PA and are involved/at fault for a hit and run vehicle accident are in violation of you probation?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Michelle replied 9 years ago.

DearCustomer/p>

Yes. Anytime you have a new charge such as a hit and run that would be a probation violation. This means that your agent will inform the court and then the court will establish a hearing by warrant - you will be adjudicated as to the violation but not until it has been disposed to see if you are guilty. Even if you are not guilty there is a joining violation for new charges to the effect of a risk to self and others - this can be adjudicated even if you are not found guilty and it can violate your probation.

Best of success to you in this matter,

If my answer has been helpful, please ACCEPT my answer so I get credit for my effort to help you . If I can be of further help, let me know. Appropriate FEEDBACK is appreciated as is a bonus. Thanks ~ Michelle