How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Michelle Your Own Question
Michelle, Elected/Appointed Official
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 4136
Experience:  30 + yrs in the legal profession incl. criminal, family, politics, legislator judiciary 6 yrs
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Michelle is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If you have been arrested and charged with a felony ...

This answer was rated:

If you have been arrested and charged with a felony but you served probation without violation and your adjudification(guilt) was with- held, are you still considered a convicted felon?


If the probation is SUCCESSFULLY completed without violation, then no. But you will need to present the information to the court to show that you have fully and successfully completed your probation terms and seek to have the information removed and/or "sealed" from your record. Many times, this is not something that is automatic - so I suggest that you check with the clerk of the court to see that the information has been removed.

The whole point of the "diverted" finding is to give a first-time or youthful offender a second chance to move forward without a criminal record.

If the probation is not successful then the judge can impose the original diverted or suspended sentence upon a finding that there has been a violation of the terms.

Best of success to you,


If my answer has been helpful, please ACCEPT my answer so I get credit for my effort to help you . If I can be of further help, let me know. Appropriate FEEDBACK is appreciated as is a bonus. Thanks ~ Michelle

Michelle and 2 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you