How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Susan Roberts Your Own Question
Susan Roberts
Susan Roberts, Judge. retired
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 716
Experience:  Retired state trial judge. Civil and criminal experience. 29 years legal practice.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Susan Roberts is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

do you have a better chance if you were at a friends ...

Customer Question

do you have a better chance if you were at a friends housethat got raided for drugs and eqiment in the house that makes the drugsyou have no priour federal charges against you your friend went to jail the friend signed a affait saying you there to pick up motor cycle which you were but now there chargeing you do you have a chance for probation and could you tell me the best best lawyer in st louis
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Susan Roberts replied 9 years ago.

Hello and welcome:

You are right. You do need a good criminal defense lawyer. I suggest you call the St.Louis bar association lawyer referral service. Get several names and talk with them all to see who you are most comfortable with. Initial consultations are usually free or low cost. Make sure you find a lawyer with federal court experience if the case is in federal court. Here is a link to the bar association lawyer referral service:

The results of the case will depend on what you were charged with, what the evidence is against you and working with a skilled criminal lawyer.

Hope this helps. Best of luck,,