How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Diana Haynes Your Own Question
Diana Haynes
Diana Haynes, Former Law Officer & Forensic Psych
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 369
Experience:  Cite and testify in misdemeanor & felony cases, Bachelors Degree in Forensic Psych & Civil Liberties
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Diana Haynes is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds


Customer Question

Submitted: 11 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Diana Haynes replied 11 years ago.

Below is the Ca Penal Code Section 166(a)4, that you requested and was retrieved from this website:

Let me know if you need help reading or understanding it.

Good Luck! Remember to click 'ACCEPT' if I answered your question ...and/or... provide more details. Bonuses are greatly appreciated and Ask for me again anytime.


"always willing to answer, counsel, and help..."

"166. (a) Except as provided in subdivisions (b), (c), and (d),
every person guilty of any contempt of court, of any of the following
kinds, is guilty of a misdemeanor:
(1) Disorderly, contemptuous, or insolent behavior committed
during the sitting of any court of justice, in the immediate view and
presence of the court, and directly tending to interrupt its
proceedings or to impair the respect due to its authority.
(2) Behavior as specified in paragraph (1) committed in the
presence of any referee, while actually engaged in any trial or
hearing, pursuant to the order of any court, or in the presence of
any jury while actually sitting for the trial of a cause, or upon any
inquest or other proceedings authorized by law.
(3) Any breach of the peace, noise, or other disturbance directly
tending to interrupt the proceedings of any court.
(4) Willful disobedience of the terms as written of any process or
court order or out-of-state court order, lawfully issued by any
court, including orders pending trial." ( , retrieved June 20th, 2006, by: D.L. Haynes)