Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Lawyer
Experience:  18+ years of NYS litigation experience.
18321761

Johnny) claims to be manager of the Unclaims Department. At

Johnny) claims to be manager of the Unclaims Department
JA: The Fraud Examiner will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Fraud Examiner can help you best.
Customer: at Publishers Clearing House....he says his Badge # is 00137780.....can you tell me if he is legitimate
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Fraud Examiner should know?
Customer: I have been sending money with him to several people and have yet to receive this prize he promises to deliver
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I DONT UNDERSTAND
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
WHAT FORM DO YOU NEED

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post.

Unfortunately, you haven't won one of PCH's contests.

PCH doesn't call winners or give them any advance notice at all for their major sweepstakes. Real winners get surprised in their own home by a visit from PCH's Prize Patrol, which will just hand them a check.

PCH is well aware of the scams perpetrated in their name and they warn of them on their website.

The Better Business Bureau also warns of this scam here:

https://www.bbb.org/northern-alabama/news-events/bbb-warnings/2015/03/phone-scam-from-publishers-clearing-house-impersonators/

As you can see, they are asking you for money for transfer fees, taxes, insurance or shipping. While that may sound logical to you, it's the #1 sign of a scam. You would never have to pay anything upfront for any reason at all to collect money that is already yours. PCH will be the first to tell you that if you have to pay anything for any reason at all, you haven't won one of their contests.

You're the victim of a crime. Report it by filling out the online form on the FBI's Internet Crime Complaint Center's website at www.IC3.gov. If the authorities can find out who and where your scammers really are, you can get your money back. If not, you can write off your losses when you file your income taxes for the 2018 tax year.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
This is terrible news since I have spent over 100,000 dollars with these people...I have documentation of the correspondence by text and copies of cashiers checks and receipts from the post office where money was sent.....would that be helpful to find where these folks are

The Los Angeles Field office is located here:

*****br />Suite 1700
Los Angeles, CA 90024(###) ###-####/p>

Here's their website:

https://www.fbi.gov/contact-us/field-offices/losangeles